Easy and Delicious, this lamb grenobloise will be a hit with the whole family.
- 1.5 kilo boneless lamb should
- 1 litre stock (beef or veal – duck for a richer flavour)
- 4 kipfler potatoes chopped large
- dutch carrots
- kipfler potatoes
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 sticks of celery chopped rough
- 2 small parsnips chopped fine
- 2 shallots
- 1 sweet potatoe chopped large
- half kilogram of peas
- 1 bunch of parsely – chopped rough
1. Pre-heat oven to 80 degrees
2. Brown lamb in a pan on all sides
3. Place lamb in slow cooker or creuset with stock, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celery and garlic.
4. Cook for 6 hours, lid on
5. Remove from oven after 6 hours, add peas and parsley, return to oven for further 2 hours.
6. Season generously and serve with a crusty baguette.
The end result is delightful, tender flavoursome meat in a rich but not over powering sauce. A hit with kids and adults alike and perfect for the coming cold ahead.